[KineJapan] First drama series about a lesbian love story on fujiTV

Yuki Nakayama yuki.nakayama at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 21:47:11 EDT 2015

FujiTV announced the first drama series to focus on a lesbian love story
starting November 7, 2015. It's interesting that the same production team
that produced Terrace House, a "romance variety" show that used techniques
similar to american reality tv shows, is doing it. The story is about a
romance between step sisters. This premise already sounds a bit problematic
to me, but curious about its depiction of queer identity in japan and the
reception it will have.

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20151022-00000500-sanspo-ent

I would be interested to know if any kineJapan members have seen
discussions of this new drama on television or else where. I am especially
curious how the morning and wait shows frame this drama and interview the
cast.

Yuki Nakayama
PhD Student
Screen Arts and Cultures Department