[KineJapan] Films about handicapped people?

Ito, Michiko mito at ku.edu
Fri Oct 30 11:51:42 EDT 2015

Wakamatsu Koji's Caterpillar.
www.amazon.com/dp/B0063E00FC/<http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0063E00FC/>

Michiko Ito
Japanese Studies Librarian
East Asian Library
University of Kansas Libraries
1425  Jayhawk Blvd.
Lawrence, KS 66045-7544
TEL: (785) 864-4669
FAX: (785) 864-3850

From: KineJapan [mailto:kinejapan-bounces at lists.osu.edu] On Behalf Of Schermann Susanne
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 1:09 AM
To: Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum <kinejapan at lists.osu.edu>
Subject: [KineJapan] Films about handicapped people?

Dear all,

one of my students wants to know more about the depiction of handicapped people in Japanese film (or is "physically challenged" the right word?) and is looking for films.
The student is not in graduate class, and he is handicapped himself, otherwise I would only send him to the library for a couple of weeks.
However, in this special case, I want to help him more. Unfortunately, I could only give him some advice, Yamanaka Sadao or Zatoichi, films he already knew.

That is why I turn to our list for help: any help is welcome.
Thank you very much

Susanne Schermann