[KineJapan] Films about handicapped people?

Reinold Ophuels r-ophuls at sophia.ac.jp
Fri Oct 30 02:47:01 EDT 2015

Dear Susanne,

you surely know Itami Juzo’s “Shizuka na seikatsu" 静かな生活 <https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%9D%99%E3%81%8B%E3%81%AA%E7%94%9F%E6%B4%BB>(1995年)? The film “Ashita no kioku” with Watanabe Ken (director: Tsutsumi Yukihioto, 堤 幸彦(つつみ ゆきひこ)) deals with the problem of Alzheimer in the case of a middle-aged salaryman.

Best wishes, Reinold

> 2015/10/30 15:09、Schermann Susanne <susanneschermann at yahoo.co.jp> のメール:
>
> Dear all,
>
> one of my students wants to know more about the depiction of handicapped people in Japanese film (or is "physically challenged" the right word?) and is looking for films.
> The student is not in graduate class, and he is handicapped himself, otherwise I would only send him to the library for a couple of weeks.
> However, in this special case, I want to help him more. Unfortunately, I could only give him some advice, Yamanaka Sadao or Zatoichi, films he already knew.
>
> That is why I turn to our list for help: any help is welcome.
> Thank you very much
>
> Susanne Schermann

Prof. Dr. Reinold Ophüls-Kashima
Sophia-University, Department of German Language and Studies
Tel.: 03-3238-3938
e-mail: r-ophuls at sophia.ac.jp
Homepage: http://pweb.cc.sophia.ac.jp/i-ophuls/ <http://pweb.cc.sophia.ac.jp/i-ophuls/>