[KineJapan] English subbed films on Japanese expansion

Amanda Kennell kennell at usc.edu
Tue Aug 30 15:05:52 EDT 2016

The Japanese Anime Classic Collection also contains a variety of anime from
the 1920s and 1930s, including Taro's Monster Hunt (*古寺のおばけ騒動*, 1935), a
Disney-inspired short that ends with Taro vanquishing a ghostly army and
waving a fan depicting the rising sun.  Some of the shorts are available
for streaming (without subtitles for the benshi narratives) through
Crunchyroll <http://www.crunchyroll.com/japanese-anime-classic-collection>.

Best,
Amanda Kennell
PhD Candidate, East Asian Languages and Cultures
University of Southern California