[KineJapan] Okubo Tadamoto

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Tue Dec 5 05:44:51 EST 2017

Dear Earl,

In case it’s of interest, I was doing something on Hachi no su no kodomo-tachi fairlyrecently and noticed that, in the Hong Kong IFF booklet on Shimizu, 2004, p46, AokiTomio (aka Tokkan Kozo) talks of Okubo and said (in 1998) “for some reason, hewrote Children of the Beehive. I’m not sure how reliable that is. It’s “fromShimizu Hiroshi Eiga Dokuhon, (Tokyo: Film Art Sha, 2000), pp54-59”.

Bythe way, Oya, Parents, is in the Pordenone catalogue here http://www.cinetecadelfriuli.org/gcm/ed_precedenti/screenings_recorden.php?ID=5681

Roger
macyroger at yahoo.co.uk