[KineJapan] "Why do Japanese actresses give such good performances?"

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Mon Sep 11 06:36:51 EDT 2017

I seem to remember this being a Donald Richie quote. It certainly is the kind of thing Richie would have said, although I can't remember the source.

The Creeping Garden<http://www.creepinggarden.com/> - A Real-Life Science-Fiction Story about Slime Moulds and the People Who Work With them, directed by Tim Grabham and Jasper Sharp.

Available to own and rent on iTunes<https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/the-creeping-garden/id1084002158> in the US and Canada from 22 March 2016m and to schools, universities and libraries in through The Cinema Guild<http://store.cinemaguild.com/nontheatrical/product/2529.html>.

The Creeping Garden: Irrational Encounters with Plasmodial Slime Moulds book out now from Alchimia Publishing<http://www.alchimiapublishing.com/creeping-garden/>.

???An improbably delightful documentary about slime molds.... good-humored but not campy in its regard of some genuinely fascinating research, and full of trippy visuals",
 Dennis Harvey, Variety<http://variety.com/2015/film/reviews/film-review-the-creeping-garden-1201485006/>

"A surprising investigation of perception, thought and life itself", Nicholas Rapold, The New York Times<http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/30/movies/review-the-creeping-garden-on-the-wonders-of-the-slime-mold.html>