[KineJapan] Ogawa in Paris

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Mon Apr 30 00:01:09 EDT 2018

Dear Markus,

Thanks for your great report on the situation in France. I'm also
fascinated by the Rouch-Ogawa connection!

Matteo, is there a way to get a copy of this book? I'm curious about
"Cinema and Revolution"-- did they gather in one particular place at any
time? Was the collaboration for this one book publication? The Solanas and
Rocha comparison is incredible-- when I teach 'Hour of the Furnaces' in
particular, the connection to Japanese filmmakers seems so striking. Would
love to know more resources on this, if you have any ideas!

Thanks and all best,

Julia

---

Dr. Julia Alekseyeva