[KineJapan] Job opening

Zahlten, Alexander azahlten at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Aug 17 21:13:48 EDT 2018

Dear All,

Just in case you haven’t seen it yet I wanted to post the job opening in our department (see below).

Although this position is focused on Korean Humanities (and those working on film & media have a very good shot) it certainly invites those also working on the context of Japan. So if you know anyone that might be interested please do pass it on!

Here it is:

The Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations at Harvard University invites applications for a tenure-track appointment in modern Korean humanities. The appointment is expected to begin on July 1, 2019. We are particularly interested in scholars who combine strengths in film, media, and/or popular cultural studies with interdisciplinary and transnational range.  All applicants should possess a high level of proficiency in Korean.

Website:  http://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/8380
Posting Date:     08/14/2018
Closing Date     10/07/2018

With best wishes,