[KineJapan] server problems?

Steve Cavrak cavrak at mac.com
Mon Aug 20 19:53:57 EDT 2018

> On Aug 20, 2018, at 7:44 PM, Gerow Aaron <aaron.gerow at yale.edu> wrote:
>
> Second, I don’t think there is a problem of not seeing the messages that respond to your post. I am seeing responses to my posts. At least this month, Earl, you have not had a response to a post.

"Mailman" hass a server (and subscriber) option : that controls this behavior

Mailman: Advanced Preferences for List Administrators
https://www.technology.pitt.edu/help-desk/how-to-documents/mailman-advanced-preferences-list-administrators

new_member_options All members have a set of subscription options which they can use to control how they receive messages and otherwise interact with the list. While the members can change these settings by logging into their personal options page, you might want to set the default for a number of the member options.

This variable presents a set of checkboxes that control the defaults for some of the member options. Conceal the member’s address specifies whether the address is displayed in the list roster. Acknowledge the member’s posting controls whether Mailman sends an acknowledgement to a member when they post a message to the list.  Do not send a copy of a member’s own post specifies whether a member posting to the list will get a copy of their own posting. Filter out duplicate messages to list members (if possible) specifies whether members who are explicitly listed as a recipient of a message (e.g., via the Cc: header) will also get a copy from Mailman.

Of course, members can always override these defaults by making changes on their Membership Options page.