[KineJapan] Bohemian Rhapsody in Japan

Jim Harper jimharper666 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 28 23:57:09 EST 2018

I too have been surprised by its reception in Japan. There's been a lot of publicity on TV here. My twitter feed was buzzing heavily about it for a while, with a number of Japanese musicians I follow tweeting enthusiastically about it, as well as Tsuruta Norio. The main focus of their tweets (perhaps not surprising from musicians) has been the music and the live recreations. For many of them it's been a nostalgic opportunity to revisit music they loved when they were younger. There's also been a lot of interest in the accompanying CD.

Jim Harper.

NOW AVAILABLE: Flowers From Hell: The Modern Japanese Horror Film, by Jim Harper (Noir Publishing). "Fascinating overview of the Japanese horror boom... Comprehensive, in-depth and slickly presented."- DVD Monthly. Available from Noir Publishing, Amazon.co.uk, Waterstones and all good bookstores.