[KineJapan] Conversations in Silence 2: Fukujuso

Gerow Aaron aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Sun Jun 10 00:15:37 EDT 2018

Sorry again for the last minute notice (I frankly don’t like to advertise my own events), but this one needs a last minute push: the second edition of the Conversations in Silence series will take place Monday June 11 at Haretara Sora ni Mame Maite in Daikanyama, Tokyo.

It will feature Kataoka Ichiro’s benshi performance of Fukujuso, a 1935 Shinko Kinema film based on a Yoshiya Nobuko story, accompanied by DJ music by Kikuchi Naruyoshi. (I will offer some commentary and MC the post-film discussion.) The film is quite amazing, centered on the love of a young woman for her "sister,” and is rarely shown. The discussion will focus on LGBT sexuality and cinema.

http://mameromantic.com/?p=58092 <http://mameromantic.com/?p=58092>