[KineJapan] Some questions about Imprint

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Thu Mar 22 13:29:54 EDT 2018

Hi everybody!

My name is Victoria Sánchez, I’m studying Journalism and Audiovisual Communication in the University Rey Juan Carlos of Madrid. I’m currently doing my final degree project with the tutoring of professor Lorenzo Javier Torres Hortelano. I’m working with the film Imprint (2016) of Takashi Miike and my problem is that I don’t get a translation (spanish or english) of the book Bokkee Kyotee (1999) of Shimako Iwai and I don’t know Japanese.

Someone can help me where to find a translation of this story?

And, if someone has read this story and has seen the film, can tell me differences and similarities of both?

One more thing,

I haven’t got the original DVD of Imprint and I can’t find the part of features of the film. Someone know where I can find it?

As well, I would like to know if anyone knows if there exists in Japanese culture some myth similar to that of Orpheus and Eurydice in Greek mythology.

Thank you very much to all,

Victoria S.