[KineJapan] Oshima on "green"

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Sat Mar 31 17:57:46 EDT 2018

Dear KJ folks~

I’m wondering if anyone has at the tip of their fingers the original title of an essay by Oshima Nagisa’s-- one translated in that MIT book as “Banish Green.” I am especially curious if the green was “midori” one is likely to see in real life and things like it, or the more classically inflected “aoi” (such as appeared poetically in the film 青い山脈 from 1949). It seems like a rather interesting essay in the context of ambient poetics and their ideas/ideologies...

Thanks for any tips/better memory and archive than I have at the moment…

Anne McKnight