[KineJapan] IMPORTANT: Moving KineJapan to new server

Japanese Cinema Discussion Forum via KineJapan kinejapan at lists.osu.edu
Wed May 16 02:44:24 EDT 2018

The first of several reminders:

WE WILL BE MOVING THE KINEJAPAN LIST TO THE YALE SERVER ON JUNE 1, 2018

Since there are currently a lot of dead addresses on our list (the result again of about 20 years of running KineJapan), it will be best to clean everything out by manually switching subscriptions. In other words:

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO CONTINUE ON KINEJAPAN NEEDS TO RE-SUBSCRIBE ON THE YALE SERVER

The server is active now, but in order to make a clean cut on the list and with the archives, the switchover will take place on June 1. You can subscribe on the Yale server now, but no posts will be allowed until June 1. Continue to use this list until May 31. (I will then ask Yale IT to transfer the May archive, which will complete the move.)

HOW TO RE-SUBSCRIBE:

First, go to:

In the section SUBSCRIBING TO KINEJAPAN, enter your e-mail address and your name. Also pick a password which will allow you to change your settings later.

Then just click “Subscribe”! It’s easy!

You will be asked to confirm the subscription through a confirmation e-mail sent to you. Also, it turns out that since I have frozen all mails, it means that I have to approve all subscriptions (I am approving everyone, though).

Forgive me in advance, but I will be sending versions of this announcement multiple times over the next few weeks to make sure people see it.

Hope this goes well!

Aaron Gerow
Yale University
KineJapan owner