[KineJapan] 100-ans-de-cinema-japonais-2eme-partie

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 16:20:09 EST 2018

Dear KineJapaners,

I thought I’d mention now, since there’s still a few hours left of anoffer on Eurostar train fares, that Parts 2 and 3 of 100 ans de cinémajaponais are already bookable at the Cinémathèque française, even thoughthe programme doesn’t look finished.

http://www.cinematheque.fr/cycle/100-ans-de-cinema-japonais-2eme-partie-493.html

The post-war series passes over the famous names for an array of other directors.There are a few well-known films but most are films that either have never beenshown in the west, or haven’t been seen since their release.

I’d be on a train for February 7th to see Ichikawa Jun’s Tōkyō kyōdai, but aseason of Korean colonial-era films starts at the BFI on that date with Crossroadsof Youth to piano accompaniment. Other dates in Febfor that season are not known yet.

Roger