[KineJapan] Kurosawa Mitsuru

Zahlten, Alexander azahlten at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 30 14:26:07 EST 2018

This being reported much less than it should be- Kurosawa was probably one of the three or four single most influential people for the course of Japanese cinema since the 1970s. He was at the center of several immensely consequential shifts within the industry, Kadokawa and V-Cinema (which he basically co-created) maybe the most visible ones. I requested an interview once and was immediately denied because I had mentioned Kadokawa as one possible topic… A real missed opportunity. I know that Dimitri Ianni did have the chance for an interview, and maybe we will see parts of that at some point.

(He was also often called Kurosawa Man by people in the industry)

Alex

Alexander Zahlten
Associate Professor
Department of East Asian Languages and Civilizations
Director of Graduate Studies – Regional Studies East Asia Program
Harvard University