[KineJapan] Yasuzo Masumura's AFRAID TO DIE (1960) 35mm print in U.S.

Watanabe, Kazu KWatanabe at japansociety.org
Thu Apr 4 12:30:39 EDT 2019

Dear All,

I wanted to let you know that I am importing Japan Foundation's 35mm print of Yasuzo Masumura's AFRAID TO DIE (1960), starring Yukio Mishima, for a standalone screening in NYC at Japan Society on May 10.

The occasion is that New Directions Publishing is releasing a new English translation of Mishima's novella STAR, which he wrote shortly after starring in Masumura's film and is more or less a fictionalized account of his experience. The book is set for release on April 30.

If anyone is interested in getting the print while it's in the U.S., please let me know. Rights are with Kadokawa. I can also connect you with New Directions if you'd like to make a similar book-related event out of it at your university or institution.

Best,
Kazu
_____
Kazu Watanabe
Deputy Director, Film
Japan Society | 333 E. 47th St. | New York, NY 10017
(p) 212-715-1265 (e) kwatanabe at japansociety.org<mailto:kwatanabe at japansociety.org>
www.japansociety.org/film<http://www.japansociety.org/film>