[KineJapan] Asian doc film fests modeled after YIDFF

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Thu May 9 00:55:42 EDT 2019

I think you can consider Jeonju, Taiwan, DMZ, maybe Mumbai (I think it
started around the same time) and mainland Chinese festivals. But to talk
about the degree of influence or inspiration on any of these festivals, you
need to ask the people that were running it back when they started.

Markus

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*