[KineJapan] Call for Papers: Kinema Club XIX in A2—20 Years On

Jonathan M. Hall jonathanmarkhall at gmail.com
Tue May 28 03:09:17 EDT 2019

Dear All,

I think Jasper was suggesting something else, namely a proactive and
productive shaping of discourse by people not operating from positions of
institutional privilege—however that be defined. Meta-critical analysis is
not by default transformative. It might be useful to identify what that has
been in the past and imagine what that might look like in the future. I bet
the organizers are open to that too.

I always admire Jasper’s idealism, though I often disagree with what he
says. Balancing

With best wishes,
Jonathan

University of Leeds (Spring 2019)