[KineJapan] More problems for Shusenjo

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Mon Oct 28 21:03:56 EDT 2019

They are concerned about problems at the screening? I mean, it's still
showing at Image Forum for months. If someone was going to burn the theater
down it'd be an empty lot by now. This stinks of political interference—at
least sponsors expressing enough concern that the festival organizers fear
for their funding down the road.

Markus

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street*
*Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*