[KineJapan] The effects of Coved-19 on Japanese film & tv

Schermann Susanne susanneschermann at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Apr 9 02:11:11 EDT 2020

Hi all,
Mark Schilling has an interesting article on the situation in today's Japan Timeshttps://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2020/04/09/films/japansese-film-tv-coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR3k4I85BH6-aQNQZKfyb4-_nY-Q79R-SQchKqcsmgSUgcK4ozkcrqwW5R0#.Xo66427gosl
Since Mark does not mention it, let me add that after Toei, Toho studios also ended shooting, with Nikkatsu following as last in Tokyo on April 7th. I did not get informations for Shochiku in Kyoto (online teaching stressss...), though. The studios are not completely closed, so you still can go there and get you stuff, but the film shootings are halted for the whole emergency period.
Susanne