[KineJapan] Routledge Handbook of Japanese Cinema

shota ogawa sogawa at nagoya-u.jp
Tue Aug 25 23:33:53 EDT 2020

Hello everyone

We are excited to announce the release of our book, *Routledge Handbook of
Japanese Cinema
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>,
add to this year's already strong line-up of monographs and anthologies in
our field!
[image: download.jpeg]

We want to use this opportunity to thank all our contributors and
translators, many of whom are members of this listserv.

The cover image is -- in case you're wondering -- a frame enlargement of a
16mm amateur film showing a bustling crowd at an Asakusa box office window
circa 1930 (courtesy of George Eastman Museum). In addition to offering a
fascinating slice-of-life look, the image nicely captures a special
emphasis the volume places on the object life of film.

Best wishes

Joanne Bernardi and Shota Ogawa
__________________
Shota Ogawa 小川翔太
Graduate School of Letters
Nagoya University
Furo-cho, Chikusa-ku
Nagoya 464-8601
T. 052-789-2252

Pronouns: he/him/his
Out now: Routledge Handbook of Japanese Cinema, edited by
<https://www.routledge.com/Routledge-Handbook-of-Japanese-Cinema-1st-Edition/Bernardi-Ogawa/p/book/9781138685529>
Joanne Bernardi and Shota T. Ogawa