[KineJapan] Psycho Pass

Daniel Martin dr.ds.martin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 23:42:12 EST 2020

Dear Earl,

I'm aware of some work on *Psycho-Pass* in English, though it's
predominantly from a criminological perspective:

"Algorithmic tyranny: Psycho-Pass, science fiction and the criminological
imagination" by Mark A Wood -
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1741659018774609

A chapter in *Law and Justice in Japanese Popular Culture From Crime
Fighting Robots to Duelling Pocket Monsters* edited by Ashley Pearson,
Thomas Giddens, Kieran Tranter: Daniel Hourigan's "The symptoms of the
just: psycho-pass, judg(e)ment, and the asymptomatic commons"

Hope this helps!

Best,

Daniel

On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 13:33, Earl Jackson via KineJapan <
kinejapan at mailman.yale.edu> wrote:

> Dear everyone,
> Pardon my ignorance about this, but has anyone published critical work on
> Psycho Pass yet?
> thank you
> ej
> Earl Jackson
> Chair Professor
> Foreign Languages and Literatures
> Asia University
> Professor Emeritus
> National Chiao Tung University
> Associate Professor Emeritus
> University of California, Santa Cruz

Dr. Daniel Martin

Associate Professor of Film Studies
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
Daejeon, South Korea

Tel: +82 (0)42 350 4634