[KineJapan] soon, Oslo/Helsinki, Copenhagen, Munich... Shochiku Cinema 100 Retrspective

Dick Stegewerns dick.stegewerns at xs4all.nl
Fri Oct 16 10:28:54 EDT 2020

Dear Roger, dear all,

I am not sure to which extent this will provide any comfort, but I
curated a Shochiku Cinema 100 Retrospective that is still ready to start
out on 18 November at the National Film Institute in Oslo (until end
December), and will continue on to the KAVI Film Institute in Helsinki
(November - January), and the Danish Film Institute in Copenhagen
(January). Shimizu-wise, /Ornamental Hairpin/ is included. The
retrospective will most likely be at the Munchen Film Museum in the new
year (January - March), and in the new Japanese fiscal year we hope to
visit Amsterdam and Stockholm.

At least there are a few countries in there from where you will need not
go into quarantaine upon return...

Related benshi screenings have been postponed but, corona volente, we
still hope to have Kataoka Ichiro tour some of the above venues in Spring.

Best regards,

Dick