[KineJapan] Dialectics without Synthesis

Naoki Yamamoto yamamoto at filmandmedia.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 8 16:29:12 EDT 2020

Dear KineJapaners,

I’m happy to announce that my new book, Dialectics without Synthesis: Japanese Film Theory and Realism in a Global Frame, is now available. This is a product of many unexpected, but no less stimulating, trans-Pacific encounters I was lucky to have during the past years. Kudos go first to my great teachers at Meiji Gakuin and Yale, as well as to many of my colleagues on this list.

You can read the book’s Introduction at the UC Press's website (click “Google Preview”). You can also get a 30% discount if you use the code “17M6662” at checkout!

https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520351806/dialectics-without-synthesis <https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520351806/dialectics-without-synthesis>

In addition, I’ll give an online book talk on Friday, September 18, 5PM EST, as part of the Modern Japanese Culture Webinar Series organized by Luciana Sanga of Northwestern University. You are welcome to join this event, but please contact me offline if you are interested in attending. I’ll send you an individual invitation.

All the best,
Naoki

Naoki Yamamoto
Assistant Professor