[KineJapan] on Haneda Sumiko

Gerow Aaron aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Sat Jan 9 20:15:52 EST 2021

Haneda-san herself has written a couple of books about her filmmaking. Yale also has this exhibition catalog on her as part of a series of works on Iwanami filmmakers:

http://hdl.handle.net/10079/bibid/9957554 <http://hdl.handle.net/10079/bibid/9957554>

We also have this, which I think is a pamphlet that Tsuchimoto Noriaki wrote on her:

http://hdl.handle.net/10079/bibid/14918721 <http://hdl.handle.net/10079/bibid/14918721>

Eric Cazdyn discusses her in Flash of Capital.

Also, the YIDFF catalogs of course have a number of pieces on her films, but I can point out an interview Monma Takashi and I did with her producer, Kudo Mitsuru, in Documentary Box:

https://www.yidff.jp/docbox/10/box10-2-e.html <https://www.yidff.jp/docbox/10/box10-2-e.html>

Aaron Gerow