[KineJapan] Kawase Watch

Maria Jose Gonzalez tkarsavina at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 5 23:07:56 EDT 2021

 Finally the real Kawase reaches the general public...
When she started getting some attention with her work, I read some interviews/ watched her speak somewhere and that was the end of Kawase for me and thus have never seen any of her films, possibly to my detriment, I know, but considering how much there is to watch, I'd rather spend my time with directors less arrogant and full of themselves as her.I didn't watch the programme but read the various news reports and her total lack of consideration and empathy was truly shocking. In fact, she sort of blamed the people for the ongoing pandemic situation.Somebody should have reminded her that -sadly- all the people in Ginza and the like are the ones being forced to keep this Olympics nightmare afloat together with the capital's economy so that she can get her millions for the documentary, in the end, a paid job for the LDP government, let's not forget.A more conscientious director would have resigned months ago.