[KineJapan] Kawase Watch

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Sun Jun 6 18:56:21 EDT 2021

Thanks Bryan!

All this is about athletes and audiences. I am curious if there was any
mention of volunteers, staff, drivers, medical staff and the like?

And, being interested in the ethical conundrums of the documentary, I'd
include her film crew in that list (tho I would be thrilled if she shot
this alone on Super-8!). In most risky films I can think of, the stakes of
the "anything-for-the-sake-of-the-film" approach to dangerous situations
are individual or very limited; the pandemic amplifies this, as it does
everything.

Markus

---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
*Interim Chair, Dept. of Asian Languages and Culture*

Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/>*
*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street**Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*