[KineJapan] Reminder for the UCSB online workshop

Naoki Yamamoto yamamoto at filmandmedia.ucsb.edu
Fri May 21 01:12:26 EDT 2021

Dear KineJapaners,

I’m happy to announce that the second half of our online workshop, “Conversations on the Current State of Japanese Film and Media Studies,” will kick off this Friday, May 21, 4:00pm PDT (Saturday at 8:00 am in JST)! This time we will bring together professors Mizukoshi Shin (U. of Tokyo), Alex Zahlten (Harvard), and Yuriko Furuhata (McGill) and discuss issues related to media studies in Japan. Then, the last session of the series will take place a week later, Friday, May 28, 4:00pm PDT, featuring Hideaki Fujiki (Nagoya), Jennifer Coates (Sheffield), and Alastair Phillips (Warwick) to discuss their ongoing efforts to establish transnational collaborations through publication and program building.

If you have already registered for the event, you can use the same Zoom link that you have used for the previous sessions. If you haven’t registered, please do so following this link:

https://japantransnational.eac.ucsb.edu/registration/ <https://japantransnational.eac.ucsb.edu/registration/>

The video recordings of the first two sessions are now available and you can watch them here:

https://japantransnational.eac.ucsb.edu/recordings/ <https://japantransnational.eac.ucsb.edu/recordings/>

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Naoki

Naoki Yamamoto