[KineJapan] Nuclear Nation III

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Wed Sep 8 22:16:05 EDT 2021

Funahashi Atsushi has made a third film on Futaba. An English version of
the NHK doc is showing on NHK World on 9/11-12. I'm assuming this is close
to the original broadcast, which had to toe certain aesthetic lines. It was
still good and definitely important. He plans to re-edit this once again in
his own shape as an independently distributed documentary.

Markus

=====================================
I am pleased to tell you the WORLD PREMIERE broadcast of another NUCLEAR
NATION sequel.

"Far from Futaba: 10 Years of Nuclear Exile”

Saturday, September 11 9:10/ 15:10/ 21:10  (JST)
Sunday, September 12 3:10

Will broadcast on NHK World:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/

This is a story about 10-year exile that Futaba townspeople had to endure.
Upon the NUCLEAR NATION 1 & 2, we added newly shot footages (in the second
half of this doc.)

Please read below for more details;

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/special/episode/202109110910/?fbclid=IwAR2xjTKGR6fYSNyXufDlI9xVbKxYVeetpqBGxK1pkvK8OibdU_GSO1Lqe5M
---

*Markus Nornes*
*Professor of Asian Cinema*
*Interim Chair, Dept. of Asian Languages and Culture*

Department of Film, Television and Media, Department of Asian Languages and
Cultures, Penny Stamps School of Art & Design

*Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/
<http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nornes/>*
*Department of Film, Television and Media*
*6348 North Quad*
*105 S. State Street**Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285*