[KineJapan] History of admissions tickets for doc films in Tokyo

Jonathan M. Hall jonathanmarkhall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 02:44:54 EDT 2023

Hi Markus,

>From the passage you shared, I don't see any reason to suggest guilt is
strongly on the speaker's mind. Unless there is more textual evidence in
the preceding or succeeding passages, I would suggest it's just a factual
description. There are so many clear, even if subtle, ways to express
remorse, and they haven't been chosen. We may feel plenty of reasons, I can
imagine, that Iizuka should feel some guilt now, but there are also plenty
more to suggest the filmmakers felt and continue to feel their actions were
justified. We want to avoid projection.

Just my small addition to a fascinating conversation.

Jonathan M Hall
California State University San Bernardino