[KineJapan] Nonaka's Camera—CIFA Launch in Newcastle

Roger Macy macyroger at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 13:02:53 EDT 2023

Thanks for this, Markus.

I recently caught up with Byun’s first film on the ‘comfort women’ in1995, 낮은 목소리 Naj-eunmogsoli, that showed at the Dochouse here as part of ‘Open City’ festival.

I noticed the ‘thanks’ credit at the end to ‘Ogawa Pro’ and you have nowexplained it.  All I could do was tosearch for Byun in the YIDFF database and was surprised to get a nil return ineither romaji of hangul.  Indeed theearliest Korean film in that database is 1996. I guess, even then, there was more the Yamagataselection committee than just Ogawa ?
Roger