[KineJapan] [EXTERNAL] 2024 Oscars

Claire-Akiko Brisset Claire-Akiko.Brisset at unige.ch
Fri Feb 2 03:45:56 EST 2024

An other example, maybe less known, is the last film shot by Josef von Sternberg, Anatahan, produced by Daiwa Puro and selected for the Golden Lion competition at the Mostra in 1953. The staff and actors are all Japanese, although the scenario was written by Sternberg after a book by Maruyama Michirô.

Best wishes,

Claire-Akiko Brisset
PO histoire culturelle du Japon
Directrice du département ESTAS