[KineJapan] ORTHOchromatic SHIN GODZILLA?

Alexander Fee adfee96 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 09:01:14 EDT 2024

Hi Quentin,

Of course! I should also add, as I realize it's not clear, that I'm the
film programmer for Japan Society. I'd guess this is best seen as a digital
emulation of orthochromatic. It would require a lot of funding to do the
orthochromatic photochemically, so while IMAGICA may have the ability, it's
ultimately a question of whether Toho would see the value in these analog
processes - something I'd be unsure of. It's very rare nowadays to see any
contemporary Japanese films shot on 35mm, much less have new 35mm prints
struck unfortunately. I believe ORTHO has only been distributed digitally.

Best,
Alexander

–––
*Alexander Fee*