[KineJapan] ORTHOchromatic SHIN GODZILLA?

Markus Nornes nornes at umich.edu
Thu Jun 20 12:39:44 EDT 2024

This thread got me curious about the Ortho version and I did some digging.
It's striking how little information is out there in Japanese. My
conclusion: 1) it's just a reverse-colorized version made to look
orthochromatic and retro, and 2) it was simply an attempt to squeeze out a
few more tickets and Blu-Ray sales while the fandom is still churning after
-1, and 3) it wasn't terrible successful.

It would have been a waste of time had I not come across this fantastic
fan-made trailer perfectly mimicking preview styles of the 50s. Definitely
check it out!

Markus

https://youtu.be/QSApaEDbg4w?si=6u49hy5oD2b4f3bh