[KineJapan] help with TV series in US in the mid-1970s

Gerow Aaron aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Mon Mar 11 15:46:11 EDT 2024

I don’t have any info on this series, but I thought I might mention an earlier series broadcast in 1972. It was the Film Odyssey series on PBS which showed a range of foreign films from the Janus collection, including a couple of Kurosawa films. I watched Seven Samurai as part of the series (at age eight) and you could say it changed my life.

https://www.criterionforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7291 <https://www.criterionforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7291>

I wonder if the series David mentions rode the coattails of this earlier series.

Aaron