[KineJapan] Terada Minoru

Aaron Gerow aaron.gerow at yale.edu
Fri Mar 22 19:51:03 EDT 2024

It was announced that the Japanese actor Terada Minori passed away on the 14th of lung cancer. He was 81. Born in 1942 to the painter Terada Masaaki, he studied at the Bungakuza theater troupe before debuting in film in 1965. For film fans, he is probably most famous for starring in Okamoto Kihachi's anti-war ATG film Human Bullet, for which he won the Mainichi Concours best actor award. He also appeared in several films by Somai Shinji as well as Miyazaki Hayao's Castle in the Sky. When I saw him last summer at Yamane Sadao's memorial party, he was still full of energy. Quite a unique actor. R.I.P.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/news/2024/03/23/kiji/20240323s000413H4123000c.html
俳優・寺田農さん 肺がんのため死去 81歳 「天空の城ラピュタ」ムスカ大佐役など - スポニチ Sponichi Annex 芸能
sponichi.co.jp

Aaron Gerow
Alfred W. Griswold Professor of East Asian Languages and Literatures and Film and Media Studies
Chair, East Asian Languages and Literatures
Yale University
320 York Street, Room 108
PO Box 208201
New Haven, CT 06520-8201