Butterflies on the Passion Vine

SpiceFinch spicefinch at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 18:56:10 EDT 1997

I have a beautiful one of these guys pupating in a box outside(I
did once make the mistake of bringing a pupa inside and he went into
hibernation! When it was cool enough to turn off the central air
conditioning, he hatched and started flying around the house!) He got into
a bit of a funny position while his new skin dried, and the abdomen of the
pupa is slightly curled around. Might this affect him as a butterfly?
Also, if anyone has these and doesn't want them, just send them to me! I
am in Texas, and that is well within these guys native range.
SpiceFinch at aol.com
Alexandra Telecky