Moth Traps

Graham Dixon troubleatmill at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 12 03:09:45 EST 1997

I was wondering if anyone has got any plans for home-made moth traps.
My own trap is basically an open sided box with the bulb (Not MV but a 240v UV) fixed to the underside of the roof. I think that the problem with this design (although it yields tremendous catches) is that the trap only throws out 90 degrees of light, when 360 degrees would be more productive.

Has anyone had any success using the Phillips energy saving bulb? I have one in my office and moth activity, at the window, seems to have pretty much increased since I fitted the new bulb.

Comments appreciated

Graham Dixon