50th Anniversary Meeting

Eric or Pat Metzler spruance at infinet.com
Wed Jul 23 08:45:39 EDT 1997

Dear friends of butterflies and moths,

The Annual Meeting which celebrated the 50th Anniversary of The
Lepidopterists' Society is history.  It was a marvelous event with
representation from 15 countries, and exhibitors from the U.S., Mexico,
Canada, and England.  Kudos and accolades to Larry Gall and his team of
planners for this outstanding event.  It fully demonstrated the success
and diversity of this venerable society.

The papers were excellent and they clearly showed the high level of
interest in butterflies and moths by professional and amateur
lepidopterists.  The record attendance made the informal discussion more
enriching.

The Lepidopterists' Society is well poised for 50 more years of
excellence.

I offer my sincere compliments to the founders, the charter members, the
officers, committee members, and all the other persons who brought The
Lepidopterists' Society to this momentous occasion.  My congratulations
to everyone else who gets to inherit and maintain such a fine
organization.

With best wishes,

Eric H. Metzler
immediate past president