Humming moth

Gordon Ramel bug.man at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jul 24 02:47:09 EDT 1997

I am trying to identify an insect that reminds you of a
humming bird in that it can hover and backup exactly
like a humming bird. Someone said that it is a humming
bee, but I rather think that it is a moth.

Can anyone suggest where I can get more information?

Thanks in advance. I'd love to get a picture or graphic
image of this marvelous insect!

It is a Hummingbird Hawk Moth

 Yours Gratefully Gordon

        <G.J.L.Ramel at exeter.ac.uk or Gordon.Ramel at bbsrc.ac.uk>
        < http://www.ex.ac.uk/~gjlramel/welcome.html>
        < Phone work = +44 (0)1837 82558 ext. 173>
        < Fax work = +44 (0)1837 82139>
        < c/of I.G.E.R. North Wyke, Devon, England.  EX20 4SB.>

                  Children are the guardians of the future,
     knowledge should neither be inflicted on, nor withheld from them.

                 "felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas"