Survey of Ramsey Canyon, etc. in Southeast ARIZONA

Hank Brodkin hankb at theriver.com
Thu Jun 5 16:33:58 EDT 1997

Our weekly survey of Ramsey Canyon yielded the following:
Pipevine Swallowtail (Battus philenor)
Two-tailed Swallowtail (Papilio multicaudatus)
Southern Dogface (Colias cesonia)
Mexican Yellow (Eurema mexicanum)
Marine Blue (Leptotes marina)
Common Blue (Celestrina argiolus)
Red-spotted Purple (Limenitis arthemis)
Arizona (California) Sister (Adelpha bredowii)
Tropical Leafwing (Anaea aidea) [some are very fresh looking - are they
breeding here?]
Henshaw's Saryr (Cyllopsis pyracmon henshawi)
Silver-spotted Skipper (Epargyreus clarus)
Pacuvius Duskywing (I think!!) (Erynnis pacuvius)
Orange-edged Roadside-Skipper (Amblyscirtes fimbriata)

In addition yesterday in Miller Canyon we observed:
Sleepy Orange (Eurema nicippe)
Bordered Patch (Chlosyne lacinia)
American Lady (Vanessa virginiensis)
Queen (Danaus gilippus)