HELP! OPEN Workshops: Lep 50th Mtg @ Yale

Dawn, Douglas Douglas.Dawn at alliedsignal.com
Mon Jun 9 14:47:00 EDT 1997

Dear fellow Lepidopterists,

There are three interesting workshop sessions to be held at the 50th
annual meeting of the Lepidopterists' Society during July 9-13, 1997, in
New Haven, CT.

NOTE - ALTHOUGH THE TOTAL WORKSHOPS ARE ONLY ABOUT 4 HOURS FOR THIS 4 to
5 DAY MEETING, (3 WORKSHOPS, TWO OF WHICH ARE @ 1 HR EA. AND ANOTHER 2
HR SESSION), THEY ARE CONCURRENT SO THAT PARTICIPANTS WILL MISS OUT ON
HAVING HALF THE PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AVAILABLE AT THIS WONDERFUL AND
RARE OPPORTUNITY.

I hope someone can write in and describe what each one is and who (brief
bio) is giving it.  The meeting registration materials I received had
minimal information.  Topics I recall were rearing and identification.

What a better way to get aquainted with fellow lepidopterists, help the
organization and its members grow in a professional setting.  And I hope
to have fun, too.

Please let Larry Gall (In addition to being the administrator for this
Leps List, he is involved in the scheduling of the workshops for the
meeting) know if you wish to attend the workshops, or if you believe
that rescheduling to allow interested lepidopterists to attend all is a
good idea.  I just wrote Larry a more detailed e-mail, since he has
indicated that if sufficient interest were generated, there will be an
opportunity to attend all.  But he also mentioned that we will not know
if nobody acts ahead of time.  Of course, time is at a premium at the
meeting there are other activities competing for the same slots.

A collegue and myself have already expressed our mutual supportive
opinions.  Please help further the cause if you are motivated by the
possibility of these exciting, hands-on information sessions as a fine
complement to the research, posters, contests, banquets and barbarques,
and historical recollections at the meeting.  (Also, do not forget to
register if you have not already!)

Hope to see you at the meeting.

Saludos
DOUG DAWN