food source for Pac NW "cecropia"

Chris Conlan conlan at adnc.com
Wed Jun 11 22:07:31 EDT 1997

If it looks like cecropia and you found it in Seattle then you almost
surely have a Hyalophora euryalus.  The typical hostplant in your area is
willow.  However, you might be able to get them to take some of the other
plants normally accepted in other parts of their range.  These include
dozens of hostplants including Rhamnus sp., Cercocarpus sp., Rhus sp.,
Manzanita and others.  I would try willow first though.  Good luck.

Chris
conlan at adnc.com