anyone raise Asian silk moths?

William Brown treefrog at netnitco.net
Tue Jun 17 22:06:29 EDT 1997

I'm looking for info from others on raising Asian silk moths.
These will be used for feeding captive animals in a zoo.  Both
adults and larvae will be used.  We have plenty of mulberry
trees, but what do others do in the winter months?  I've read
about blanching and freezing leaves.  Has anyone tried this?
Are there any artificial diets for this species? Any tips to
make culturing easier? Thanks for any help.
Will Brown
International Hylid Society
Keeper, Dept. of Herpetology, Washington Park Zoo