Butterfly counts and money

Markku Savela msa at anise.tte.vtt.fi
Wed Jun 25 02:37:57 EDT 1997

This thread makes me wonder what these "butterfly counts" are! My
impression was, that they were for getting people to volunteer their
own time and resources to freely provide scientific information,
instead of "circus events" for which you pay to attend.

Must be some misunderstanding? I hope the fee is only, if you take
part in guided event, to cover some immediate costs for the
arrangements?

I assume you can always "do the count" on your own. Would be rather
silly for NABA or AUBUDON to refuse information with comment "You
didn't pay the reporting fee, we don't accept your free
information!!!"
--
Markku Savela (msa at hemuli.tte.vtt.fi), Technical Research Centre of Finland
Multimedia Systems, P.O.Box 1203,FIN-02044 VTT,http://www.vtt.fi/tte/staff/msa/