Peppered Moth photographs

KBrooke at chelt.ac.uk KBrooke at chelt.ac.uk
Mon Jun 23 06:11:16 EDT 1997

Can anyone help me with an educational project I'm currently
developing for Cheltenham & Gloucester College of Higher Education?

I'm producing a multimedia learning package to support a course for
trainee primary school teachers, intended to give them a broad
understanding of a range of environmental issues, such as the greenhouse
effect, genetic engineering, nuclear power and so on.  A part of this
course introduces students to natural selection and to illustrate this we
need photographs of both light and dark varieties of the peppered moth
(Biston betularia).

The package will be used on the college's internal network, with the
possibility of it being sold to other higher education institutions on a
non-profit basis.  Naturally, all pictures will be fully acknowledged in
the appropriate places.

Does anybody have a source of such images available, or do you know of
anyone I might approach?  We would be very grateful for any help offered.

Keith Brooke
Courseware Designer
KBrooke at chelt.ac.uk

PS Although this project is not designed to be used over the Internet,
two extracts can be viewed at:

http://www.chelt.ac.uk/is/kbrooke/showcase.htm