Russian butterflies

Michael Healy MJRHEALY at compuserve.com
Sat Jun 28 17:57:56 EDT 1997

Just back from holiday cruising between St Petersburg and Moscow.
Butterflies by no means the object of the exercise, but I was pleased to
see what I took to be P napi and A cardamines on Kishi Island in Lake
Onega, latitude 62 deg N, much the same as Anchorage Alaska.  Further South
at Irma on the Volga, more P napi, a small fritillary and a skipper which
may have been O venata though it did not look like it.  Anyone out there
with Rusian experience?  Spasiba in advance.
Michael Healy.