regulation of collecting in Spain???

Stuart Roberts spmr at msn.com
Fri Nov 7 04:49:08 EST 1997

Norbert Kondla <NKONDLA at MFOR01.FOR.GOV.BC.CA> wrote in article
<199711062020.PAA27861 at gr.its.yale.edu>...
> To: LEPS-L  --INTERNET leps-l at lists.yale.
>
> I would appreciate the current status of the regulation of butterfly
> collecting in Spain. 1)are permits required and if so who does one
contact......

I have not collected butterflies in Spain, but I have collected aculeate
Hymenoptera (bees and wasps). Permits are certainly required and should be
available from the appropriate Autonomous Community. In addition, a permit
from the Central Administration in Madrid is required should you wish to
work in any of the National Parks. Full details of precisely to whom you
should apply should be available from the Spanish Embassy. I should imagine
that US collectors would require full permits etc to satisfy the US
government's regulations on importing material from overseas, but you would
be in a better position to sort this out than me.

I hope this helps

Stuart Roberts.