Catching female moths

SpiceFinch spicefinch at aol.com
Sat Oct 4 15:00:21 EDT 1997

I am interested in finding out how to trap a female moth or butterfly without
 harming her in hopes of getting some eggs. My experiences with raising
 butterflies have so far been limited to vagrant caterpillars and the little
 Black Swallowtails from my parsley each year, and I would love to see the
 whole cycle from egg to adult. How do you attract, catch, and keep them, and
 what should they be provided with in order to lay eggs? How should the eggs be
 kept, and do they need anything special to hatch- certain humidity, etc.?
SpiceFinch at aol.com
Alexandra Telecky